Do you need to recharge your spiritual batteries? A Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe is the place to do it. We welcome all and strive to love all with true agape love.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Christian Hypocrite (cont'd) by Shalene Kearney

A wise man once told me that when I was referring to a Christian hypocrite, that what many unbelievers don't know, and possibly don't understand is that it actually pains a true believer when they sin. We feel the grief we have caused the Holy Spirit within us. Sometimes that pain is even physical.

I make this point, because while it's true there are those in society that profess to be "Christians" that do not follow in Christ's footsteps as they should, a true Christ follower, will not sin, with the forethought that they will "just repent later and all will be well."

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. Romans 8:26-27 (NLT) While it's true that this topic is not the context of what Paul was writing about in these two verses, it is still applicable. When a true believer sins, the Holy Spirit is groaning ever more passionately that we might repent and put our thoughts and actions back into alignment with God's plan for us.

So today, take the time to show the Love of Christ to all you come into contact with, feel the conviction of the pain you cause with your day to day sin. Welcome it, and repent. Make a point of not excusing your sins with the thought that you will repent later, because there may not be a "later."

---Lord, I pray today that you work through me to mirror your love to all. Convict me of my sins in the moment that I think them, so that I do not commit them. Move me to repent of even the temptation of sinful behavior and thoughts. Help me to not be a Christian hypocrite. Lord, help me to further your kingdom today, and to glorify you in all that I do. I ask this in Jesus' Holy Name.
Amen

4 comments:

  1. Very nice babe. That IS a wise man. Wise enough to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalene,
    Thank you for expounding on that! I firmly believe (as the bible states) that it is our responsiblity as belivers to show Christianity by our love. If we do this, then they can say nothing reasonable to negate who we are and our commitment to live by Faith. However, we should expect those who refuse to accept Him to be negative or even "persecute" us.

    As Christ states in the Word, "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you." John 15:18

    This scripture may make many believers uncomfortable, but we should always remember that other believers are being persecuted for His name's sake, in countries where Christianity is not the norm. Remember them in your prayers.

    May God continue to bless you with His Words.
    Your sister in Christ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, well put Shalene. Forgiveness is not a license to sin, it's a passport to grace. There's a saying, "Preach the Gospel wherever you go and if you have to use words." May those who come into contact with us be able to witness His stamp upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so true, we should do as we talk--I hope that makes sense :)

    I have right now a problem with a co-worker. Although her habit of singing really loud can get very annoying, but I really don't want to say anything, because it is obvious to me that she enjoys singing...Not sure what to do. I guess I will have to wait for His guidance on the situation.

    Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!! You and your comments are much appreciated!! Blessings to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive