I've been reading a lot of Christian blogs and visiting a lot of Christian websites lately. In doing so, I've had a thought. That is: What would happen if we all had a purpose in our blogs and our sites? Could we change the world? The answer is a resounding YES! Everyone of us that is a Christ follower, can change our world by using our sites and blogs to glorify the Lord. Whether that be by teaching the Holy Word of God to others or by sharing our own faith in our daily lives.
I wonder, how many of you that have a blog or site really understand that you have a responsibility, given to you- by God- to minister to others with the gifts that God has given you? Do you even see it as a ministry? If you're teaching the Word of God, surely you do. If you are "just" sharing your life, you may not see it as such. Let me impress upon you, it is! Your life may touch someone in a way that makes them want what you have. And that is the Holy Spirit guiding your every day, and a love of God that surpasses all understanding. Do you see it people?
We as a society have gotten complacent about sharing our faith. We have become closet Christians. That is not what Jesus instructed us to do!
And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:15,16 NKJV
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV
These two scriptures are known as the Great Commission and it was Jesus' last instruction to us before He ascended into Heaven. This instruction does not change simply because we live in a time when sharing our faith is inconvenient or might be an embarassment. How sad that you could be embarassed by the One that loves you unconditionally and died for you??? Perhaps some of us have forgotten that it was certainly not easy or convenient for the first disciples to share their faith. They were beaten, imprisoned and killed for it, for goodness sake!
So I say this, take your love of God and turn it into PASSION! Love your God and show the world that you love Him. I will endeavor to do the same. I too fall into times when I'm not comfortable sharing my faith, though I thank the Lord it doesn't happen often. Perhaps my way is not your way of doing things. That's ok. Just do it in way you can, so long as it glorifies Him, and you will be obeying Him that commissioned you.
--Lord, today I pray that You continue to move in me, so that I obey Your holy instruction to make disciples of nations. I pray that you give me the wisdom in my methods and the discernment to know when. I pray that You allow me to move others so that they want what I have: the eternal salvation that You bought at so high a price, I cannot fathom, a Peace that surpasses all understanding, and a glorious love that none can replace. I pray that you move others to want these same things. I pray for all my brothers and sisters in Christ that you would move them to want to move mountains for you. I pray all these things in Jesus' Holy Name. Amen.








Shalene,
ReplyDeleteThank you for being bold enough to speak the truth.
The sad truth is we HAVE become "lukewarm" as a society!
I can only wonder what Christ, himself would say about Churches right now... this day and age, in comparison, to the very early church Acts 2.
Perphaps something like this??
14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelations 3:14
It's up to everyone of us to receive the truth as HE gives it and apply it accordingly.
Thank you for this post Shalene.
I obviously agree wholeheartedly with you, Hannah. And someone had to say it, because we don't seem to be reading our bibles enough to know it for ourselves. I'm not saying I don't do it myself sometimes, but I do think we all need a little shaking up. :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the SAME way you do and since this past April have intentionally invested quality time and energy into outreach via my blogs....
ReplyDeleteps I have tried repeatedly to reinstall the "thoughtful blogger" award logo on my homepage...and it does appear like it is supposed to for a short time..but then it disappears into that computer code again...I am not "computer savy" and don't have the time to fix it....I DO appreciate your vote of confidence and appreciate your efforts on the internet to encourage others...not a small task, especially when you still have little ones @ home. your brother in Christ, DM (hearttoheart)
"What would happen if we all had a purpose in our blogs and our sites?"
ReplyDeleteMine is kind of a ministry through weight loss. :-) I try to get folks to trust in God and have faith that God is concerned about EVERY aspect of their life.
It's so true. There have been so many times when I've been afraid to witness when people ask if I'm a Christian. I don't always feel ready. Just the other day I was reading a Christian book and someone asked me what I was reading. I showed it to them, but didn't do anything or say anything further. I wish I had. I suppose that's why I keep a blog. I feel more comfortable saying what I have to say in writing. Writing is where God has gifted me, so I continually turn to it to stand up for what I believe in. I didn't wuite get that when I had Harmonious Glow Writings, but when I did start to get what it was I wanted to do for a living I started At the Study. I do wish I could come up with a catchier title, not to mention get more readers. I'm not that great at writing Bible studies, but I have a feeling that one day God will teach me how to write more devotional items and such. For now, I try to blog daily about life and every day isuues, etc. I'm doing my best to witness through my blog, even knowing that not many people read it. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying that God helps you to be ready the next time you're asked NYC. The best way to be ready is to read your Bible, pray and ask the Lord for wisdom, discernment and peace in sharing your faith. Remember Moses wasn't a good speaker either. And in fact had to have his brother Aaron to do the speaking for him. So do not be afraid my sister. God will make a way, if you will let Him.
ReplyDelete