
There is a masquerade ball occurring around the world, in these times, and we've all been invited. However, I for one will not be attending. You see, I believe in the words of Jesus:
'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment."And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." Mark 12:30-31 NKJVThere are those that would have you believe that Christianity is about hate, and God's wrath, but it is NOT! Certainly, God's wrath will be poured out, but God did not call any of us to pour it out for Him.
I was asked recently about my opinion of the views and actions fo a certain "church", and I have to say that I am sickened and broken hearted over what they teach to their congregants. Westboro Baptist Church is wholly a cult of hate! Despite the term "baptist" in their name, they are not affiliated with any denomination.
“The slogans that Fred Phelps and his group are promoting are unscriptural and very inappropriate,” says Dwayne Hastings, director of communications for the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics and religious-liberty commission. “Southern Baptists stand on the word of God in believing that homosexuality is wrong and that, as the Bible says, it’s an abomination to God. But God does not hate the homosexual…. To those who are unaware of the orthodox Christian view of homosexuality, Fred Phelps presents a distorted and, in fact, perverted view of God’s word in his message of hate.”To all that want to know what Christianity is really about, I say, read your bible! Do not follow misguided fanatics of cults such as this. Keep the mask off your face!
- Condem Sin - and sinner, by Robert Stacy McCain. Insight on the News, Volume: 15. Issue: 30, August 16, 1999. Page 32 [fn1]
How are we to be true Christ followers? It's easy: Love our neighbors as ourselves. There is no commandment greater than these:
'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment."And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." Mark 12:30-31 NKJV
[fn1] Westboro Baptist Church: Fred Phelps
There is no "MORE" to this post
Photo courtesy of Chiarra Marra








Well I'm glad to see you don't condone their actions.
ReplyDeleteI didn't really expect you to agree with what they say as you seem to be a woman who is proud of her country (and they like to trample the american flag)
Thanks for your comment about Lucifer... I really shouldn't have posted that blog considered the outrageous reaction from that Satanist who got so offended over the fact that I did not know who wrote that passage.
As for your "morbid fascination" with what i'm writing about I believe it's not morbid at all. It is common in all respects for people to be interested in what the opposition is doing (or writing in this case). I encourage you to read and comment and promise not to attack you if you promise to simply comment on the posts' content and not the swearing.
With the growing popularity with the blog I will be setting up a new set of rules regarding the treatment of christians on the blog (including my own treatment of them).
The blog will still detail the hypocracy and outrangiousness of the christian world but I want it to be at least a place for christians to defend and/or comment without being personally attacked. In that same respects christians will not be allowed to attack creationists either.
Hope to see you continuing to comment.
You will see that today I posted a blog regarding your comment about my homosexuality but it is simply to bring it to the forefront in case any other christians think the same thing. You will find that you are in no way attacked in that post.
By the way, I do have a question about your blog.
It's called the Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe Blog. What exactly is a Proverbs 31 Woman Wannabe?
Basically, it means that I want to show the Lord that I love Him and that I want to always walk in His ways. It also means that I strive to be the kind of woman, wife and mother that my husband and children will want to stand and praise. Read Proverbs 31:10-21
ReplyDeleteI get so upset about all the Chrisitan hate-mongering that goes on. You've hit the nail on the head.
ReplyDeleteStriking the correct balance between standing on the Truth and loving one's neighbour is not an easy thing to do, but so many Christians get it horribly wrong.